I’ll be honest, Ash Wednesday wasn’t something I knew anything about when I came to Dayspring. My background was less liturgical, and more well, non-liturgical. Dayspring would never be accused of being “traditional” in most senses; however, I have come to deeply appreciate the reverence with which we treat this service. Ash Wednesday reminds us. It reminds us of our frailty – our insufficiency. Without acknowledging this, we don’t realize His sufficiency. How important that we remember!
Ash Wednesday 2013 is next week. Here’s what we’re doing:
- Introduction and greeting (what is Ash Wednesday?)
- Song: Oh Great God, Give us Rest
- Joel (Turning to Him)
- Song: Lead Me to the Cross
- Second Corinthians (Now is the Time)
- Song: It Is Well
- Matthew (Our Motivation)
- Song: All the Poor and Powerless
- Message and Imposition of Ashes
- Song: Never Let Go
Join us, and remember.