In Jonah chapter 3 – God teaches Jonah that you never know what might happen if you do what God calls you to do. To Jonah, the odds seemed impossible, but with God’s power, working through Jonah, the impossible became the possible. He quickly finds out that when we trust God enough to do what He asks us to do, He shows up in powerful and unexpected ways.
Questions for discussion:
• What do you think was the main point of Matt’s message?
• Why do you think Jonah was initially resistant to God’s calling?
• What do you think God was trying to teach Jonah?
• Have you ever experienced/witnessed God turning something that seems impossible into something that blesses others? Explain
• How can we apply this message to our daily life?
Do something about it:
When we do what God asks, we never know whose life will be changed forever! God has a way of changing us when we step into roles he designed for us. He also has a way of doing the impossible through us when we make ourselves available.
This week, take time to consider what resident of “Ninevah” God has put into your life that He wants you to share a message of grace and hope with.
Matthew 7:7-11; 2 Thessalonians 1:11,12; James 1:27; James 2:1-10; Romans 8:28