WHAT’S THIS MESSAGE ABOUT?
Even when we mess it up, even when we’re trying to hide from God or when we’re not even thinking about God, God is still looking for us. He never stops looking for us. His pursuit is not in order to punish us, but because he loves us. Yes, there are consequences to our actions, but God wants to know us even when we don’t want to know God.
Questions for discussion:
- What do you think was the main point of Pastor Matt’s message?
- If God knows everything, why did He ask Adam and Eve, “where are you?”
- What does the phrase “pursue God” mean to you?
- At this moment, where are you in your relationship with God?
- How can you apply this message to your daily life?
Do something about it:
Come out of hiding and allow yourselves to be found! Look for ways that you can pursue God, personally and in community. Some practical ways you can do that are: choose a regular time and place to talk with God, choose a particular book of the Bible and as you are reading ask yourself the question, “What is God trying to say to me through this passage?” Find a group of people who are actively pursuing God and join them in their pursuit.
Genesis 3:9; Proverbs 15:9; Jeremiah 29:13; Micah 6:8; Matthew 6:33; 1 Timothy 6:11
* If you would like to do some more digging, the book “Questions God Asks Us” by Trevor Hudson is a great resource. It can be found on the following website: http://bookstore.upperroom.org/Products/9990/questions-god-asks-us.aspx