WHAT’S THIS MESSAGE ABOUT?
Have you ever read a Bible story and thought, “Why did they do it that way?’ When that story involves Jesus it is even more important to ask that question, because we know that the “why” is just as important as the “what” and that there is a message in that “why” for each of us. Let’s look at the story of the feeding of 4000. Jesus being the Son of God could have called down God’s power and instantaneously produced enough food to feed these people. Instead, He chose to get His disciples directly involved in meeting the needs of the crowd. Was there a reason Jesus chose to do it this way? If so, what lesson is He trying to teach us?
Questions for discussion:
- What do you think Dayspring’s Mission is?
- What do you think was the main point of Matt’s message?
- If Jesus could have fed the crowds just by saying so, why do you think He asked the disciples to take care of it?
- What do you think God means by, “Man does not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God?”
- List some characteristics of someone you believe is living a “Christ-filled life.”
Do something about it:
Re-read your list of characteristics of a “Christ-filled Life”. As you process through that list, look for practical opportunities to help you develop in these areas (e.g. groups, service opportunities, volunteering, etc.)
Mark 8:1-21; Matthew 15:32-38; Matthew 4:4; Deuteronomy 8:3; Galatians 5:22-23; Matthew 25:34-46