WHAT’S THIS MESSAGE ABOUT?
Life-changing faith doesn’t happen on our own. If God designed us to be relational, it only makes sense that relationships with other believers are the keys to the joy and fulfillment God desires for us. Groups connect us to a life-giving community that supports us through the challenges and victories of life. They encourage us to grow in our faith and provide our greatest opportunity to do exactly what Jesus invited us to do: love God and our neighbors. In summary, we believe being a part of a Group puts yourself and your family in the best position to discover the abundant life God is calling you to live.
What types of activities do you participate in that strengthen your connection to your Christian community?
Questions for discussion:
- What did Matt list as reasons why being part of a group were so important?
- Are you currently connected to a group that inspires and encourages you? If no, why not?
- What aspects of being involved in a group challenge you to grow in your faith?
- Does your group provide you with opportunities to live out your faith and God’s love?
- How could/does your family benefit from your investment in a Group? Explain.
Do something about it:
Find a group: one that will provide you with the opportunity to connect and be in community with other believers. Pray that God will use your commitment to this group to speak into the lives of others. If you are already in a group, look for ways to encourage and motivate others to join a group by sharing how being in one has positively impacted your life.
Digging deeper: – Hebrews 10:24,25; Acts 2:42-47; Proverbs 27:17; Acts 16:31