WHAT’S THIS MESSAGE ABOUT?
Saint Francis once said, “Preach the Gospel always and when necessary, use words.” Preaching the Gospel is not always a direct presentation from scripture, sometimes it is the way we live and treat people that inspire them to ask us why we are the way we are. When we do have the opportunity to talk about our faith in Jesus, sometimes we are reluctant because we do not feel that we know enough scripture. As God opens doors He is calling every one of us to “share the hope that is within us.” Our verbal testimony about how God has been active in our lives is a very powerful way to “preach that Gospel.”
Questions for discussion:
- What do you think was the main point of Matt’s message?
- Have others met Jesus through you? Explain.
- What are some obstacles that prevent us from sharing our faith journey with others?
- What are some creative/non-threatening ways to introduce people to Jesus?
- What would you say to someone who asked you to explain why you believe in Christ?
- Have you ever invited anyone outside of your family to come to church? If yes, how did you introduce that opportunity to them? If no, why not?
Do something about it:
Each day, for the next week, ask God to present you with obvious opportunities to introduce someone in your sphere of influence to Jesus. As God provides those opportunities, look for natural and practical ways to help them to see Jesus in a new light. Show them they are important to you by inviting them out to coffee/lunch, to church, to your small group, or even to your home.
Romans 10:5-15; Matthew 25:34-36; Gal. 5:14; 1 Peter 3:15; Romans 1:16; Matt 5:16; Titus 2:7-8; Matthew 28:19