Sermon Title: A New Beginning…
WHAT’S THIS MESSAGE ABOUT?
If you remember the old “A Team” series, the lead character’s weekly quote was “I love it when a plan comes together.” When we look at the Bible, as a whole and we see God’s overall plan, from beginning to end, we see that there was always a plan. There was always a plan for God to have a personal relationship with a people He could call His own. There was always a plan for God establish a special place for those in His family, and there has always been a plan for God to walk and talk with those He loves. As we come to the end of this series we catch a glimpse of the future, our future and see that the plan has come together and it is amazing!
Questions for discussion:
- What do you think was the main point of Pete’s message?
- What do the book of Acts, the pastoral letters and the last two chapters of the Book of the Revelation tell us about God’s plan?
- What do these stories say about God?
- What do these stories teach us about our personal relationship with God?
- What do these stories teach us about what God calls us to do and who God is calling us to be?
Do something about it: Now that you have an overview of what the Bible is about set up a reading plan. Begin in one of the Gospels and then formulate a plan to spend time in God’s Word on a regular basis. As you read ask your self the questions: “What does this say about God…me…how to be?
Digging deeper; – John 1:1-4,14-18; Acts 2 and 9, 1 Corinthians 15, Revelation 21 and 22